This speaking activity aims to help the students develop their fluency and overcome their anxiety to speak in front of the others. It can be adapted to all levels.What you need is a set of cards with topics / titles on them. Students pick up one in turns and try to talk about the topic / title for one minute.
· Keep time using an alarm clock / chronometer /sandglass while the student is speaking. I prefer to use the gadget on the website below:
· Tell the students about the aim of the activity and do not correct their mistakes.
· You can write some clues (such as the structures they can use) on the board to guide them.
You may start the activity in pairs / groups and after a while you can try it with the whole class. This will gradually prepare them with a smooth passing.
· Try to choose topic / titles related with the things you have covered so they can have enough input about them.
· Once they are OK with the activity, you can divide them into groups and organize little races.
· The time can be extended after some time.
Hope it sounds nice:) Anything you want to add?